Thursday 27 October 2011

Chatty parents

Following on from my post about noise I have been watching people around me in different churches and other settings and I've noticed that a lot of parents chat to their children a lot. Now this is great in my opinion; it's how children learn, they engage with you, they enjoy it. The positive things about talking to your children are just endless. However the thing I have noticed is that some of us don't seem to be able to switch this off ever. Not even in a quiet period in church or another quiet setting. I think you get so used to giving your child a running commentary of what you're doing/going to do that it can be hard to switch out of that.

I resolve that the next time I realise I'm babbling to LittleLanky about nothing much during the prayers I'm going to try and let her have some quiet space. She sometimes gives me a look which says "mother, just be quiet for a minute".

No comments:

Post a Comment